Slab is committed to limiting the spread of COVID-19. As such, Slab Food Truck is taking a number of actions to protect the health and well-being of our customers and employees to control the spread of COVID-19 in accordance with the expert guidance of the CDC and local public health authorities.
Our Food Truck
- We respectfully require customers to follow social distancing and safety protocols recommended by public health officials, including wearing a facial covering when visiting our food truck. It is our responsibility to protect our guests and employees and comply with local public health mandates. As such, our staff have the right and responsibility to refuse service to customers who are not wearing facial coverings. We have face masks accessible for guests who do not have one available.
- We will provide hand sanitizer on the exterior counter of the food truck for the use of our guests.
- We ask guests not to congregate outside of the truck while waiting for their order.
- We have reduced the need for reusable paper menus by providing our menu via our website and posting it on our service window for viewing. Disposable paper menus will be available on request.
- Food will be served in to-go containers to limit the amount of time the team is in contact with our guests.
- We offer online ordering at the majority of our locations and encourage our guests to order online when available.
- Our truck is always cleaned and well-maintained. In advance of opening and at closing, we have ensured that all areas are deep cleaned and sanitized using antiviral sanitizer.
- All high touch surfaces such as the counters; interior and exterior, credit card payment machines and other high contact surfaces will be sanitized regularly.
- All team members will have their temperature checked at the start of every shift.
- Training has been provided for every member of our team. Team members will be instructed to wash their hands frequently with hot water and soap at the beginning, the end, and regularly throughout their shifts for a minimum duration of 20 seconds.
- Our staff will use gloves to avoid direct contact with food products.
- PPE face masks will be worn by all employees both front of house and back of house with the exception of our cooks over the grill due to excessive heat and health concerns.
- Antibacterial soap and disposable tissue will be supplied at all hand washing sinks.
- Team members are encouraged not to touch their eyes, nose or mouth with their hands.
- All employees are instructed to keep distance between themselves and other colleagues and guests when able.
- Sanitizer will be located throughout the food truck and will be available for all employees to use regularly.
- Any team member who develops a new persistent cough or high temperature will immediately be sent home or advised to stay at home. Employees will be instructed to self-isolate for 10 days if they are displaying symptoms or 14 days if they are living with someone who has symptoms.
- All areas where an employee who displays symptoms of COVID-19 has come into contact with will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized.
Back of House
- Our food preparation areas have been assessed and maximum numbers of employees are in place via scheduling, in order to facilitate social distancing in our kitchen area when available.
- Where social distancing cannot be adhered to due to confined space and for short periods of time due to the nature of food trucks, cooks will work side by side or back to back; with limited face-to-face activity.
Although your experience may look different as we navigate this evolving situation, Slab is fully committed to its guests.
We will continue to closely monitor guidance from local and national health authorities and will update our procedures as needed to maintain the most effective health and safety standards.